high PH , low Alkalinity

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I would read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll give you some basic information on pool management.

Your pH should be kept in the 7's always. I would lower pH with muriatic acid. The AK (I assume you mean TA........see definitions in Pool School) will also come down but you can adjust that back up with baking soda.

Are there regulations about public pools in Arlington? You need to make sure you are following those before you deviate. Some municipalities have regulations particularly about CYA ppm and other levels.

Plug all your numbers into poolmath and set your target pH. It will give you a dose based on the pH and TA. Then scroll down to the bottom to Effects of Adding Chemicals. Input the dose of acid there. The pH reduction won;t be an exact match, but close, but the TA reduction has always been right on the money in my experience. That should give you a close approximation of what the new TA will be.

Also be aware that if pH reads 8.2, there's a good chance it's actually higher than that, but you've reached the limits of the test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.