Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Install - Where to run cable?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Install - Where to run cable?

I will be installing a new system in the next few weeks and have everything pretty much planned out but not sure how to handle the cable between the cell and the control panel. What is normally done with this? It seems messy to just string it across everything up to the controller. Where it will go is about 3 feet from the wall the controller will be mounted on. Should I wrap this in conduit and bury it to the wall? Curious to see how others handle this.

Thanks!
    12,000gal in-ground pool/spa 12x26/plaster, 1.5hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Pentair Clear & Clear RP 100 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Install - Where to run cable?

My cable just runs free from the panel to the cell draped over and around the PVC. We have pack rats and ground squirrels that chew through stuff so you want to keep it off the ground as much as you can if you have wild life. Don't make it too restrictive and tight since you have to be able to remove the cell periodically for cleaning.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    My cable just runs free from the panel to the cell draped over and around the PVC. We have pack rats and ground squirrels that chew through stuff so you want to keep it off the ground as much as you can if you have wild life. Don't make it too restrictive and tight since you have to be able to remove the cell periodically for cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    Didn't think about having to take it off to clean it, that makes a lot more sense now. My biggest animal problem would be squirrels followed by maybe armadillos or possums. I've never seen them on that side of the house though, they seem to love digging up the grass on the other side of the house.
    12,000gal in-ground pool/spa 12x26/plaster, 1.5hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Pentair Clear & Clear RP 100 filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I 'S' folded my cable and put a few tie wraps on it, then I tie wrapped that bundle to the side of the pvc pipe. Just snip the tie wraps if you need to take the cell off.
    Nice and tidy.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

If you like things neat and tidy you can attach it to the piping with cable ties. But leave some slack.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall