Code 170 Jandy AquaPure 1400

Nov 29, 2015
Miramar, Fl
Hi Everyone, New to the forum here. Need a little help with code 170 on my Jandy 1400. I did the Transfirmer Voltage Test (75V, within spec), did all Back Board Test Points (all read within specifications), electrical test on front board (21V), and tested dc voltage at backbaord (0 Volts). The trisensor adaptor green light is not lit. I went through the front booard troubleshooting instructions and all is OK except when I press and hold H-Temp test button and Salintiy test button at same time togrther with Chlorine Production Rate arrow down key. Instead of getting 91F I get JA as a code. Not sure what's wrong. I have the trisensor as suspect but cant rule out front board. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone, New to the forum here. Need a little help with code 170 on my Jandy 1400. I did the Transformer Voltage Test (75V, within spec), did all Back Board Test Points (all read within specifications), electrical test on front board (21V), and tested dc voltage at backbaord (0 Volts). The trisensor adaptor green light is not lit. I went through the front board troubleshooting instructions and all is OK except when I press and hold H-Temp test button and Salintiy test button at same time together with Chlorine Production Rate arrow down key. Instead of getting 91 degrees F I get JA as a code. Not sure what's wrong. I have the trisensor as suspect but can't rule out front board. Any help would be appreciated.

Just did the Test were you remove the flow sensor from the front board and check to see if error code 170 goes away. I does. According to troubpeshooting guide, it's the sensor. Can anyone advise if I am on the right track.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

When you removed the sensor the 170 went away, but did it return when the sensor was reinstalled? If so, then the sensor needs to be replaced. Look for the latest design of sensor which has an option to run program A or B. This latest design of sensor seems to have solved most of the sensor problems that the Jandy units have had.

Thanks Ping. Yes, error code 170 came back when the sensor was reinstalled. I will proceed with a sensor replacement and look for the latest design. What is the difference between Program A and B? Just curious. Also, do you know what the warranty from Zodiac is on these tri-sensors? This sensor is less than 18 months old.

Try calling Jandy and see if they will replace it under warranty.

You will need to select either program A or B depending on the revision of the SWG. The instructions should be included with the new sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.