Thermal blankets?

Nov 29, 2015
Hillsborough
I live in NJ, was doing some searches online and just came across a thermal blanket for spas. We have a Sundance Hamilton (2014 model) and it is about a year old. Does anyone use a thermal blanket? Wondering if it's something we should look at as we head into the winter again....Thanks!

If what you are talking about is a thin foam sheet that sits on top of the water, then that's mostly to cut down evaporation to slow down how much water gets absorbed by the hot tub cover, especially when it's water-blocking layer gets broken down. Heat insulation should primarily be from the thick cover over the spa.

Thanks. Yes, we do currently have a cover. I was wondering if it would prolong the life of the cover in addition to providing additional insulation. We do have quite a bit of water on the inside of the cover. I'm not sure how long we can expect it to last.

(BTW, first time posting but I've been lurking and searching these posts for almost a year now as I switched to the dichlor bleach method after screwing up the first fill with really high CYA...Thank you!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.