After closing the pool I discovered that I was losing 1/2" of water per day. I waited to see if it would stop so I could use the dye on the plumbing, but it hasn't. I am below the skimmer and the inlets by 6". At this point my guess is the main drain.
Question: what are my options being that it's 40 degrees here in upstate NY and won't be getting warmer any time soon. (The pool opening usually happens around mid-May at the earliest.)
Is there anything I can do other than to hose fill the pool and then monitor it during the winter months? Is there such a thing as a main drain cover that will seal itself off?
I estimate that it will cost me about $80 in water until I can get in the pool in May. Not a killer but I'd like to know that I'm not overlooking other options.