Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: WetEdge Prism Matrix

1. Back To Top    #1

WetEdge Prism Matrix

Has anyone used a Prism Matrix if so how do you like it. What was your upgrade price? I'm getting quoted 4600 its a big pool though. I can get a pearl or satin upgrade at 3,000.00...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: WetEdge Prism Matrix

I know there are builds with the upgrade but I can't remember who they are. Amanda I believe has Wetedge but I'm not sure she upgraded.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it was Spools pool.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

This is for specifically wet edge prism matrix not pearl or satin. Yeah ill search but curious if someone could chime in on price and looks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is the link to Spool's build.
    New in-ground pool - Boston, MA. Lots of pics
    I believe it says he used prism matrix.

- - - Updated - - -

But he's not in our area so I don't know if any prices would be applicable.

- - - Updated - - -

Post 145 shows the pool with some water.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

We got Wet Edge Prism Matrix Deep Sea Blue for our pool in Freeport. It's the same one that Spool went with. Here's my build thread: 1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX.

You can see final pics with water here: 1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX - Page 4.

I honestly don't recall how much the upgrade cost was for this plaster since the price included Level 5 Wet Edge. I believe the difference between Level 5 and the next one down was around $1,500 but don't hold me to that.

We're very happy with the Prism Matrix plaster we chose. It looks amazing and isn't too difficult to brush.
    1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX 15'x35' rectangular gunite pool 3.5'-5'-4', WetEdge Prism Matrix "Deep Sea Blue", cement cantilever coping, 560sf concrete deck w/Tweed Gray Sundek, Jandy VS-2hp pump, Jandy 460 cartridge filter, Rainbow Chlorinator, Polaris 9350 robotic cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

We upgraded to Satin Matrix for $2500 and it would have been another $2k for Prism
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    We upgraded to Satin Matrix for $2500 and it would have been another $2k for Prism
    Thanks everyone amandahein that is exactly what I wanted to know. Im biting the bullet for Prism the link by Maria sold me on it.

I really appreciate it.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have glass in my pool and I would totally recommend it. I don't have the exact finish you are speaking of. I have pebble sheen with luminous blue blend added.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, my pool is Prism Matrix Deep Sea Blue. Words/pictures can't describe how beautiful the finish is. The upgrade cost was worth it all day long. I would consider leaving something else off to fund the plaster upgrade. Drop something that can be easily added later. In my case, I left off the intelliph that was originally planned. I'll add that at another time.

You only have one shot at plaster. Pick it, you won't regret it. Everyone that comes out to look at our pool comments on the plaster.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by spool View Post
    Yes, my pool is Prism Matrix Deep Sea Blue. Words/pictures can't describe how beautiful the finish is. The upgrade cost was worth it all day long. I would consider leaving something else off to fund the plaster upgrade. Drop something that can be easily added later. In my case, I left off the intelliph that was originally planned. I'll add that at another time.

You only have one shot at plaster. Pick it, you won't regret it. Everyone that comes out to look at our pool comments on the plaster.
    Spool yea. Im going to be totally honest. I copied you and ordered the Deep Blue as well.