Hayward commercial Saline C 60 woes

I installed a Saline C 60 unit for a motel I own and have serious concerns.

The first control unit failed to work at all right out of the box. I called customer service and within 4 days, I had a brand new unit in my hands; great service!

So the new control unit has been in service for roughly 2 months and has worked flawlessly. My pool is not heated so I keep it closed for the off season and check operation 2-3 times per week. I checked last night and found that the control unit had caught fire!

Now what? Does anyone have experience with the C60? Is this a recurring problem?

Attachments

• IMG_3281.JPG
    IMG_3281.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 33
Perhaps you can PM user Hayward Pool. He's a former Hayward technician and still works for Hayward in the "online world". He may be able to help.

At the very least that is a spectacular failure and Hayward should be alerted about it immediately in order to ensure that others don't burn down their hotels using a possibly defective product.

Sorry for the delay. I contacted Hayward and they are shipping out, yet another controller. I've been talking to my local area Hayward service guru rep and all I can say is "wow"! Hayward's customers service is outstanding.

They are coming up to verify that there isn't an unknown problem on my end and to check the cells. I'm not sure that they'll find a problem, but then again........

Anyway, I'm totally satisfied with Hayward's response and couldn't be more happy with their CS. I just hope my $3k investment into this SWG system hasn't been a loss.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.