Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward commercial Saline C 60 woes

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward commercial Saline C 60 woes

I installed a Saline C 60 unit for a motel I own and have serious concerns.

The first control unit failed to work at all right out of the box. I called customer service and within 4 days, I had a brand new unit in my hands; great service!

So the new control unit has been in service for roughly 2 months and has worked flawlessly. My pool is not heated so I keep it closed for the off season and check operation 2-3 times per week. I checked last night and found that the control unit had caught fire!

Now what? Does anyone have experience with the C60? Is this a recurring problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward commercial Saline C 60 woes

Perhaps you can PM user Hayward Pool. He's a former Hayward technician and still works for Hayward in the "online world". He may be able to help.

At the very least that is a spectacular failure and Hayward should be alerted about it immediately in order to ensure that others don't burn down their hotels using a possibly defective product.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you contact the manufacture?
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry for the delay. I contacted Hayward and they are shipping out, yet another controller. I've been talking to my local area Hayward service guru rep and all I can say is "wow"! Hayward's customers service is outstanding.

They are coming up to verify that there isn't an unknown problem on my end and to check the cells. I'm not sure that they'll find a problem, but then again........

Anyway, I'm totally satisfied with Hayward's response and couldn't be more happy with their CS. I just hope my $3k investment into this SWG system hasn't been a loss.