Suds in the hot tub

Nov 27, 2015
Montana
Hello!

I own a 2013 grandee from hot spring spas,
It sat all last winter and this summer empty with rv anti freeze to prevent it from freezing up till we got our house built. It built up a gross alge that took forever to get washed out.

Filled the hot tub after I got it cleaned out using just hot water .

Water sample pH and alk. Are thru the roofs.... I have gone thru a whole container and a half of leisure time "spa down"

Everyone I run the Jets this is what happens. .. pH anf alk are still high ....20151128_150037.jpg

Should I just drain and refill?

Or is there something else?

The pipes probably have nasty stuff in them still. Many recommend a product called Ahh-Some to clean it.
Also, read the sticky "How do I use Bromine/Chlorine in my spa?". Muriatic acid or Borax is much cheaper than Spa Down and
there is a formula/process for using them.

+1 to what Brian said.

A spa left dormant like that needs more than water to clean out its plumbing. Ahh-Some is definitely the best product on the market for cleaning out your tub and its plumbing.

How do you plan to sanitize your spa, chlorine or bromine? Either way there are plenty of stickies on how to keep your water beautiful.

The basis of all of this will be owning a high quality test kit, either a TF-100 or a K-2006. Many spa dealers just hand you a bottle of strips and say that they are all you need but that's not right. Your trying to manage water for quality and cleanliness, therefore a good test kit is a must have. Strips are worthless. So go out and get one of the good test kits I mentioned and it will be the best investment you can make in the spa.

Good luck and keep asking lots of questions,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.