Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has arrived but SHE has not....

1. Back To Top    #1

It has arrived but SHE has not....

I got my official TFP swag today -

So I figured why not make the official announcement today - my wife and I are expecting our fourth child (due date ~ End of March 2016). After three boys, we have been blessed with a little girl and she will be the only grand-daughter so far in the family. Thus, not only will she have three very protective older brothers to keep a watchful eye on her, but being the only grand-daughter will instantly catapult her to princess status...

When I became a TFP Supporter I decided I had enough coffee mugs to last me three lifetimes therefore I went with the onesie. I figured our little girl will be arriving right at the start of the 2016 pool season and it would be irresponsible of me to not ensure that she is fully steeped in the TFP culture; this little girl will know how to properly care for a pool from Day 1 !!

Best wishes to all and, if you have not done so, please do consider supporting TFP financially...

Matt
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It has arrived but SHE has not....

Congratulations, Matt! That is awesome!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Congratulations! Looks like you picked the perfect TFP accessory to welcome your little princess! All the best to you and your wife and prayers for a healthy (and easy!) delivery.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Congratulations Matt!
    I can't imagine how excited and proud you must be. Little girls are awesome!

Also thanks for supporting TFP in all of the ways you do!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Awww...pretty in pink! Congratulations Matt!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Mazol Tov!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

A girl??????? OH HAPPY DAY! Have you picked her name yet?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Congratulations, Matt! That is awesome!!!
    We're pretty stoked about her!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    Congratulations! Looks like you picked the perfect TFP accessory to welcome your little princess! All the best to you and your wife and prayers for a healthy (and easy!) delivery.
    First trimester was rough, #4 is definitely giving momma bear a run for her money. But, all pre-flight checks and testing confirms we're "a go for launch, Houston."

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Congratulations Matt!
    I can't imagine how excited and proud you must be. Little girls are awesome!

Also thanks for supporting TFP in all of the ways you do!
    Yeah, a little girl is definitely going to be a game-changer. We got so used to having boys around that we have no idea what to expect. And I always ignored the girl aisle in the baby stores....now I look down them and I'm like, "HOLY COW! Can a child really wear this many different outfits?!?!?" All of our friends with girls are giggling at me cuz they know I'm in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by northrn View Post
    Awww...pretty in pink! Congratulations Matt!
    Thanks! I was pretty excited to get the onesie. The wife, on the other hand, thinks I'm a bit off my rocker. But she loves the beautiful pool we have so my TFP habits are tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Mazol Tov!!
    Todah rabah! L'Chaim!! (I lived for many years in an orthodox Jewish community in NYC, I was invited to many a Bris and Bar Mitzvah).

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    A girl??????? OH HAPPY DAY! Have you picked her name yet?

Kim
    There is a name but, per CIA operational rules, her true identity can neither be confirmed nor denied I promise lots of pictures when she is wearing the onesie!!
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Congrats on the addition Matt!

I am only capable of producing girls, so I can speak from experience. I thought I knew what love was...and then I had a daughter...there are no words to describe
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    Congrats on the addition Matt!

I am only capable of producing girls, so I can speak from experience. I thought I knew what love was...and then I had a daughter...there are no words to describe
    +1 to that! Congrats!
    I won't tell you what 14 is like. But up until then it is magic!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

I have an 18 year old daughter n well.... shes now a delight because she knows mom was right all along.

Congratulations!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Congrats Matt. You will have your hands full
    Hope all goes well
    Mike
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

13. Back To Top    #13

Congratulations! I wish my 11 year old daughter had an older brother or two in the next few years...

Great duds. Enjoy having a new one in the house again. I miss it... but only for a few seconds.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

14. Back To Top    #14

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm a fair bit older than I would have preferred to be going on kiddo #4 but that just means I need to workout harder at the gym to up my stamina. I do dread the infant years of smelly diaper pails and being up all night but my current youngest is 3-1/2 years old and he's a hoot to be around. So I look forward to pushing through those hard early years to see what a little girl will do for our mix. In the end, I can't imagine life without my big noisy brood and adding one more to the mix is an exponential increase in fun and love with only a marginal increase in cost....

Matt

15. Back To Top    #15

Matt? You DO know it is a girl right??? NO way it will be a "marginal increase in cost"! Us girls MUST have their bling! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Matt? You DO know it is a girl right??? NO way it will be a "marginal increase in cost"! Us girls MUST have their bling! LOL

Kim
    Hahaha...that's true. Our bank accounts never have been nor will likely ever be "flush with reserves"

I guess I was thinking more in terms of other personal costs like losing sleep, changing diapers, etc.

Matt

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

I missed the initial announcement! Major congratulations, Matt! Children are a blessing and large families are wonderful!! Love the TFP onesie. I'm sure it's just the beginning of the pink invasion! I'm sure you will enjoy the infant/baby stage with your little girl more than you think. Cherish every moment. They become adults overnight.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Nursenini View Post
    I missed the initial announcement! Major congratulations, Matt! Children are a blessing and large families are wonderful!! Love the TFP onesie. I'm sure it's just the beginning of the pink invasion! I'm sure you will enjoy the infant/baby stage with your little girl more than you think. Cherish every moment. They become adults overnight.
    Thanks. We're all very excited around here. My boys have started talking to mommy's belly and they have gotten to feel some tiny kicks from their baby sister at night when mom snuggles them for story time. Even before arrival she's letting them know who's gonna be the boss

Matt

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Nursenini View Post
    This is what I tell people with little ones. Dont blink because they are grown in an instant! Sometimes it's hard to believe I'm already grandma. LOL
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    This is what I tell people with little ones. Dont blink because they are grown in an instant! Sometimes it's hard to believe I'm already grandma. LOL
    Yup. It's one of the reasons I love being a stay-at-home dad, I get to enjoy seeing them grow up a little each and every day. My oldest is 10 now and he's really starting to take ownership over every part of his life. It's kind of neat when he pushes me away and wants to do things on his own. I don't see it as rejection but as him growing in confidence. I definitely try to cherish every day with them.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast