William from Sugar Land, TX

Hello, TFP members! I'm new here. My name is William, I'm 37 years old and live in Sugar Land, Texas. I began my crash course in pool maintenance about four years ago when I became the owner of a home with a pool. The home and pool are both about 36 years old now. The pool is an in-ground, plastered, fresh water pool that holds about 30,000 gallons and has a D.E. filter. I've attached a picture if you're interested.

Over the years, I've grown increasingly wary of my pool service, especially since I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person always looking to save a dollar where I can. This last year in particular has been full of too many inconsistencies with our pool service company, which has led me to forums like Trouble Free Pool to increase my knowledge, double-check what I'm told, and generally get advice from other owners and experts.

I don't consider myself much of an expert on pools, but I have a great deal of experience with repairing/maintaining a Polaris unit (a 380, I think) that scoots around my pool. So, if I see any posts on that subject, I may be of some use here.

However, in the near future, I expect to post some questions of my own regarding a recent issue.

Best regards,
William (aka Vanish_Gojira)

Attachments

• Pool Pic.jpg
    Pool Pic.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 45
Hi William,
Welcome to Troublefree Pools.

Thats a nice lookin place you have there, and we are interested in pics. The more the merrier.

Pretty much everyone here is DIY too, either from the start or after firing the so called 'pros' because things didnt go well.
You definitely can maybe learn some stuff here. There are lots of experts covering everything from plumbing, pumps, chemistry and everything in between.
There is a lot of very good info in Pool School, and whatever you might have a quesiton about, just ask.