Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: William from Sugar Land, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Sugar Land, TX

William from Sugar Land, TX

Hello, TFP members! I'm new here. My name is William, I'm 37 years old and live in Sugar Land, Texas. I began my crash course in pool maintenance about four years ago when I became the owner of a home with a pool. The home and pool are both about 36 years old now. The pool is an in-ground, plastered, fresh water pool that holds about 30,000 gallons and has a D.E. filter. I've attached a picture if you're interested.

Over the years, I've grown increasingly wary of my pool service, especially since I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person always looking to save a dollar where I can. This last year in particular has been full of too many inconsistencies with our pool service company, which has led me to forums like Trouble Free Pool to increase my knowledge, double-check what I'm told, and generally get advice from other owners and experts.

I don't consider myself much of an expert on pools, but I have a great deal of experience with repairing/maintaining a Polaris unit (a 380, I think) that scoots around my pool. So, if I see any posts on that subject, I may be of some use here.

However, in the near future, I expect to post some questions of my own regarding a recent issue.

Best regards,
    William (aka Vanish_Gojira)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: William from Sugar Land, TX

Hi William,
    Welcome to Troublefree Pools.

Thats a nice lookin place you have there, and we are interested in pics. The more the merrier.

Pretty much everyone here is DIY too, either from the start or after firing the so called 'pros' because things didnt go well.
    You definitely can maybe learn some stuff here. There are lots of experts covering everything from plumbing, pumps, chemistry and everything in between.
    There is a lot of very good info in Pool School, and whatever you might have a quesiton about, just ask.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Northern IL

Quote Originally Posted by Vanish_Gojira View Post
    However, in the near future, I expect to post some questions of my own regarding a recent issue.
    Welcome, William. Nice pool! Go ahead and shoot us your question.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Beautiful pool! Thanks for the pic!!!

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter