An idea on Measuring chemicals

atttech-2

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 24, 2015
Central Valley CA
This may be helpful for those who use the milk jug style chlorine and acid. I imagine that most just estimate when adding and it works out just fine but I have a bit of OCD when it comes to measures. So I wanted a method that was somewhat accurate but would not require me to pour from one jug to a measuring cup to the pool especially for the acid. Using pool math I figured out how much Cl to raise FC by .5 and how much MA to lower pH by .1 came out to 7.9oz Cl and 8.2oz MA so I settled on 8oz for both (so much for the OCD :D ) I then took an empty 1 gallon jug of MA and added water in 8 oz increments marking the level as it increased. I cut the jug up where the marks are and used a small whole punch on each hash mark. Now I have a template I can lay on the side of a fresh jug and use a sharpie to quickly mark out my most used unit of measure. I also did one in 10 oz increments for easy math when doing larger doses. Sorry for the sideways pictures result of the hated Iphone I think.

jug.JPGscale.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.