Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: An idea on Measuring chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

An idea on Measuring chemicals

This may be helpful for those who use the milk jug style chlorine and acid. I imagine that most just estimate when adding and it works out just fine but I have a bit of OCD when it comes to measures. So I wanted a method that was somewhat accurate but would not require me to pour from one jug to a measuring cup to the pool especially for the acid. Using pool math I figured out how much Cl to raise FC by .5 and how much MA to lower pH by .1 came out to 7.9oz Cl and 8.2oz MA so I settled on 8oz for both (so much for the OCD ) I then took an empty 1 gallon jug of MA and added water in 8 oz increments marking the level as it increased. I cut the jug up where the marks are and used a small whole punch on each hash mark. Now I have a template I can lay on the side of a fresh jug and use a sharpie to quickly mark out my most used unit of measure. I also did one in 10 oz increments for easy math when doing larger doses. Sorry for the sideways pictures result of the hated Iphone I think.

jug.JPGscale.JPG
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: An idea on Measuring chemicals

Hopefully the manufacturer doesn't change the bottles on you Nice work otherwise
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: An idea on Measuring chemicals

Very clever.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.