New Hot Tub with brown water

Nov 26, 2015
Fallon, Nevada
I'm new here, and just got a new hot tub too. After filling the tub with clear clean water, I added the chlorine and my water, filters and drain all turned brown. I read on another page how to remedy the brown and get back to clear, but now it shows too much chlorine. Our dealer is a rude old guy and he isn't any help.

Welcome. If you're on a well, when you do a water change, this product will sequester the metals: Amazon.com : Metal Gon/Defender Two pack : Leisure Time Spa Metal Gon : Patio, Lawn Garden

I also use this pre filter: Amazon.com : Pre Fresh Garden Hose End Water Filter all purpose, pool, spa, hot tub, pets, car wash : Garden Hose Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden

Hope that helps you have an easier fill next time ;) Enjoy your new hot tub!

PS...pre filters seem to get some of the iron, but never expect them to get all of the iron...for me it reduces the iron enough to not get a tint when adding chlorine, but it really depends how much iron is in your source water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.