First pool

Nov 23, 2015
Justin, Tx
Hello,

My husband and I just signed a contract to build a pool. This will be the first pool for both of us.
The pool will be a 17x36 dive pool with the depth going from 3.5 - 8 feet and run on a salt system.

We should be breaking ground next week as long as things dry out here in the dfw area. Our home is located in the county so the builder thinks we should move quickly once we get going.

-Jessica

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 58
HI! We are SO happy you found us-------The best pool place on the web!

We would LOVE to see your pool list-equipment and colors!

I LOVE the drawing! Will you have a diving rock?

We LOVE pictures here! Please start with a picture of where the pool is going to go!

Kim

The builder thinks he can move quickly because there are no waits for building inspections. Now that is a two edged sword. Can you tell if your pool is properly bonded? If there is sufficient rebar?

Even with the best of builders its important for you to look at the pool at the end of each day and see if it looks like what you expect. Ask questions be a part of the process. talk to the crews. Builders make mistakes. You need to be there asking questions. Study the plans and the engineering attachment if there is one. See if what the builder is doing follows the plans.

Oh have fun. Its a bit of a ride.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! Please add your state to your location for future reference. Geographic location is important for good pool advice.

Here is the list of pool equipment this I know so far.

The pool cleaner (4 wheel)
Hayward P4 control system
Hayward 2 HP pump 2" suction lines
525 Cartridge filter
Aqua rite salt system upgrade
2 500w pool lights
Decking- 650 feet of exposed aggregate
Coping- Oklahoma flagstone
Stonescapes plaster (possibly Tahoe still undecided)

The pool will have an oversized tanning ledge in the entrance and seating will wrap around a built in tequila table.

We passed on the jump rock and diving board as my husband wants to build his own version in the future.

i should have mentioned that a good family friend will be the project supervisor and my father runs an excavation company. Both of them will help us oversee that each step is completed properly.

i will post more in the construction section once the dig starts next week.

jessica

What does your husband have in mind for his own version? That could be neat!

We would love to see where the pool is going.

Do you have the paint on the ground yet?

That is wonderful your dad and friend will be able and willing to help! That will save you SO much money and headache!

Kim

Pool equipment looks pretty good so far. The nice big cartridge filter is good. And I am a big fan of swg. See about getting either a 2 speed pump or a variable speed pump. It will save you a lot of electricity during normal filter and making chlorine with the swg. A 2 speed pump will move half the water using a quarter of the electricity as on high speed. Variable speed pumps have infinitely adjustable water flow. Which I find very handy. We run our 3hp VS pump at 1100 rpm for skimming and making chlorine and it only uses 150 watts of electricity.

Pool cleaners come in 3 configurations. Pressure, suction or stand alone, aka a robot. More here on that, Pool School - Automatic Pool Cleaners

Welcome to TFP.

And I just want you to know that I want a tequila table too! :mrgreen: