Shut off valves

banditig

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2015
Ohio
I want to hard plumb my AG pool. I searched some threads but still not sure what valves are best for reducing head loss. And I want to keep price down but be reliable. I have 1 1/2 skimmer, filter, and return threaded fittings, 2 inch heater is partly hard plumbed with ball vave bypass then reduced to 1 1/2 hose barbs. I looks like the ball valves are cheapest but are about 1/8 smaller DIA inside. The butterfly Jandy valves I read are best, but kinda pricey. I found this slice valve fairly reasonable priced, but not sure about head loss or how reliable they are.
Amazon.com : 1.5 Inch Swimming Pool Slice Valve : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden
what do you guys think? Oh, I'm going to get schedule 80 unions also. Thanks

I have not read much about the Slice valve so I have no opinion. The first valves I put throughout my pool were red ball valves......they all broke.

Jandy type valves are pricey but they never break. Jandy/Pentair/Praher type valves are the standard and I would spend the money for them......they work.

The head loss will be almost irrelevant regardless of what you decide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.