New Pool Basic Questions

I am building an in ground pool in the philippines. Is it safe to assume that the standard piping size for main drains, skimmers, and returns is 1 1/2" ? Would a 1 HP circulation pump be adequate for a 25,000 gal pool ? Also, is there any thing wrong with using the main drain as the fill port ( with proper and according valving ) ?

1.5 inch pvc is fine. The 1 hp pump is fine as well.

If I understand your question, you would like to fill using the main drain. I see no problem with that but it seems very unnecessary. Why not just fill over the side?

I would advise against using the main drain to fill. It's a generally a bad idea. You may have to use extra plumbing gadgets per building code - anti siphon, etc. Anything hooked to the fresh water supply has to have safeguards to prevent contamination from non potable supplies.

Just port it into the side with an auto fill device, or use a hose over the side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.