Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for new equipment

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cameron Park Ca

Time for new equipment

my pool is 23 years old and still using the original equipment. 23000 gal 1.5 hp Jacuzzi pump 150 sq ft cartridge filter.

I would like to replace the filter and the pump. I am thinking a 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter pn# c 4030 and a Hayward variable speed pump model # sp 2302 vsp. The pool plumbing is 2 inch pvc. the current clean filter pressure is 16 psi. I put a vacuum gauge on the pump and it read 8. I calculated the TDHP at about 46.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pool built 1993
    23000 gallon in ground
    original equipment Jacuzzi 1 hp pump with Jacuzzi 150 sq ft single cartridge filter
    2 inch plumbing
    Polaris 380 sweep with booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Time for new equipment

I think there is still a PG&E rebate on vs pumps.
    I'm not a pump expert but that pump seems to work.
    If the price difference isn' much I'd go with the larger Hayward filter. More surface area means lower pressures and longer between cleaning.
    With the vs pump you might want to switch to a Polaris 380 without the booster pump or to save more energy get a robot that you toss in once a week.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Hi Paul,
    welcome to TFP!

Good choices on the pump and the filter. You'll love them.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hayward makes a 700 sq ft cartridge filter if you like overkill.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Yep, 425 is ok but bigger is better. Variable speed pumps a great. Love mine!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach