I just bought a house with a hot tub. I know nothing about hot tubs. It's a Sundance Spa 6 person. It's been a month and no maintenance has been done, but the water still looks clear. I tested with some strips and based on my color test: pH is ok, CC is high, FC is zero, CYa is slightly high.
1. With FC being zero for this long, is it possible to save the water and make it safe? I tried adding some chlorine granules but it didn't do anything.
2. If so, would I need to shock it? With what? Bleach? MPS?
3. Do you guys keep the spa on 24/7 at 100deg?
4. Is it possible to have a chlorine spa if I don't want to add chemicals daily. I thought I'd be able to do it weekly but reading the forum it seems it takes daily work.
Thanks in advance!!!