Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: resurfacing my pool, need your suggestion on adding jets and light

1. Back To Top    #1

resurfacing my pool, need your suggestion on adding jets and light

Hello everyone I'm new to this site,
    I currently have 12,000 Gallon pool with a waterfall, I'm in the process of getting quotes on resurfacing my pool and one of the many contractor that has come to my house to give a estima gave a cool idea since I don't have the budge to add a spa in my pool. He suggested that he can add 3 or 4 therathycal jets on the bench area. Now I would like to get some ideas or share with me a sketch or diagram how to accomplish this. Because I have not found much online on this subject and most people said that they just add a blower to create bubbles. But the contrator told me it would be doing a combination of air and water. Just to give you and idea

my pool is kidney shape 15x30, deep end is around 5.5 ft, shallow 3 ft
    bench size 5 feet would like to add 4 jets one each side and two in the backrest

please let me know if you have done this before and how can it be accomplish.

Another thing we are thinking of going with midnight blue diamond brite but since i currently have one light in the deep end also the contractor suggested to add a second small LEd light in the shallow end because of the dark color we are picking. Any suggestion

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: resurfacing my pool, need your suggestion on adding jets and light

HI! Interesting ideas for sure!

I would like to see a pic of what you have now to give us some ideas of what you are working with.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi! I do have experience with a dark DB finish as I just completed my pool a couple of months ago, my PB really wanted to do the Midnight Blue but I went to see a couple of them (make sure you visit one) and I thought they were too bright for what I had envisioned so I went with another DB combination of midnight blue and onyx, you're welcome to check out my build. Now, for your light question, I'd absolutely add a extra light, my PB said I didn't need it but guess what? I DID... I don't like how the light just fades away from one end of the pool to the other.

13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Dark colors eat light.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank for the feed back on the light... But what I'm really looking for someone that has done a pool bench and added therapeutic pool jets

6. Back To Top    #6

I would think your pool builder could give you the plans to this. I don't know if I've ever seen a bench with bubblers installed into it. I'm sure it is possible.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter