Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: iaqualink all off

1. Back To Top    #1

iaqualink all off

We are new pool owners and still adjusting, while we have been pretty good so far every once and a while we forget to turn off yard lights that are connected to the iaqualink. While looking into some of the settings of iaqualink I found an all off time that would be perfect for those nights. Now that it's getting a little chilly the freeze protection is turning on. If I set an all off time, would it overrun the freeze protection?
    20k gallons with spa, IG pebble, CL460 cartridge filter, JEP20 variable speed pump POLPB4-60 booster pump, JE3000TR heat pump, pool fill 10/9/2015, TF-100 test kit. North Tx

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: iaqualink all off

As I understand it, the all off time does not affect the freeze protection. Even if freeze protection is running and the all off time is reached, it doesn't turn off the freeze protection components. Now to qualify that, I haven't actually tried it, but that's what I've been told happens.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, that's how I assumed it would work. I think i'll wait until after our winter just to make sure..
    20k gallons with spa, IG pebble, CL460 cartridge filter, JEP20 variable speed pump POLPB4-60 booster pump, JE3000TR heat pump, pool fill 10/9/2015, TF-100 test kit. North Tx

4. Back To Top    #4

You could set the 'All Off' time and then cool the temp sensor with ice during that time and see if it shut down the freeze protection. I'm pretty sure it won't.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit