Easytouch Australian Wiring

Nov 23, 2015
Penrith, NSW
Hi Guys

I have an Easytouch, intelliflo vf pump and ic40 SWG purchased from the USA. Anyone have any experiance with wiring this in Australia ? We are 240v here in Australia so I have to replace the breaker board but having trouble working out how to connect the SWG Transformer and controls power supply. Diagram shows 2 120v legs just wondering how this can be wired in australia?

Hi,
I suspect you will have to install a transformer in order to get the system to work. Im not an electrical expert though, so my advice might not be the best you would get.

I would recommend that you contact a professional electrician, and get their opinion about it.

The biggest problem is that your electrical system over there is 240 volt single phase 50hz and ours is 120/240 volt split phase 60hz. However, the power center is capable of being wired for 240 volts, and is good for either 50 or 60 hz. Here is a link to the system manual that shows how to wire the swg transformer for either voltage. NOTE: the manual states the transformer comes wired for 240 volts from the factory.

melandshaner,

Is it true that in the land of down-under you have to mount the EasyTouch upside down in order to have the wiring come in from the top??? :jocolor:

As Bama has said the EasyTouch can operate off of 120 or 240 volts, and either 50 or 60 Hz. While the SWG Transformer comes prewired for 240 volts, the System transformer comes pre-wired for 120.

I'm pretty sure that you'd apply your 240 volts input (Active) to the Yellow lead of the SWG transformer and Neutral to the White transformer wire, with the Violet and Black tied together as shipped from the factory. The System transformer should have the 240 volts input (Active) wired to the Yellow transformer wire and the Neutral wired to the Black transformer wire, with the Violet wire capped off.

I'm pretty sure this is the way it needs to be wired, but I recommend you run this by one of your local guys, just to make sure before blowing anything up, or in your case down...

Good luck with your project. I have the exact same set up and love it...

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.