Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch Australian Wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

Penrith, NSW

Easytouch Australian Wiring

Hi Guys

I have an Easytouch, intelliflo vf pump and ic40 SWG purchased from the USA. Anyone have any experiance with wiring this in Australia ? We are 240v here in Australia so I have to replace the breaker board but having trouble working out how to connect the SWG Transformer and controls power supply. Diagram shows 2 120v legs just wondering how this can be wired in australia?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Easytouch Australian Wiring

I suspect you will have to install a transformer in order to get the system to work. Im not an electrical expert though, so my advice might not be the best you would get.

I would recommend that you contact a professional electrician, and get their opinion about it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

The biggest problem is that your electrical system over there is 240 volt single phase 50hz and ours is 120/240 volt split phase 60hz. However, the power center is capable of being wired for 240 volts, and is good for either 50 or 60 hz. Here is a link to the system manual that shows how to wire the swg transformer for either voltage. NOTE: the manual states the transformer comes wired for 240 volts from the factory.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Is it true that in the land of down-under you have to mount the EasyTouch upside down in order to have the wiring come in from the top???

As Bama has said the EasyTouch can operate off of 120 or 240 volts, and either 50 or 60 Hz. While the SWG Transformer comes prewired for 240 volts, the System transformer comes pre-wired for 120.

I'm pretty sure that you'd apply your 240 volts input (Active) to the Yellow lead of the SWG transformer and Neutral to the White transformer wire, with the Violet and Black tied together as shipped from the factory. The System transformer should have the 240 volts input (Active) wired to the Yellow transformer wire and the Neutral wired to the Black transformer wire, with the Violet wire capped off.

I'm pretty sure this is the way it needs to be wired, but I recommend you run this by one of your local guys, just to make sure before blowing anything up, or in your case down...

Good luck with your project. I have the exact same set up and love it...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.