Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FREEZE Problem..

1. Back To Top    #1

FREEZE Problem..

The other nite our electricity went out. Now, during the Auto Feeze my spa empties into the pool, Then the spa fills back up every 30 or 40 minutes. Repeats all night. This hasn't happened since the last electrical outage we had. We had one a few days ago.
    Any thoughts on what I should try tonite?

- - - Updated - - -

PS, Today I had to mess with that little switch behind the auto valves to make everything run correctly. I hate to bother my builder... he lost his wife recently. If there is something I can do on my own.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FREEZE Problem..

I would first try to power the controller down for a little while and see if that resets it. If it doesn't work, there's a Reset button on the easy touch panel. Press that and it should re-initialize the system.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hope this helps:

Go into circuit settings and make sure spa freeze protection is off.
    Freeze Protection
    Freeze protection switches on a circuit if the outside air temperature sensor detects the temperature is getting
    close to freezing (below 35° F). The system will switch on all circuits that have been assigned freeze
    protection, and runs the circuits for 15 minutes to stop the pipes from freezing. This is especially important if
    there is a pool and spa combination. If freeze protection is set to both the spa and pool circuits, the filter pump
    switches on and the pool and spa valves alternate every 15 minutes to keep the water moving in both the pool
    and spa. This process continues until the freeze condition is over.

MENU ▼ SETTINGS ▼ CIRCUIT Func. CIRCUIT/ Func.

Up/Down buttons: Choose the circuit name (displayed on the second line). The
    generic circuits names are: Spa [Master Spa - Freeze protection on by default], Pool
    [Master Pool - Freeze protection on by default], Aux 1-7 (EasyTouch 8), Aux 1-3
    (EasyTouch 4), Feature 1-8 and Aux Extra. Aux Extra is only available if the Solar
    output (J17) plug on the EasyTouch motherboard is not being used for solar
    equipment. Use the Solar button to switch the “extra” auxiliary circuit on and off (see
    page 4).
    Right button: Move to the “Circuit Function” setting to select the circuit function for
    the select circuit name displayed on the line above.
    Up/Down buttons: Select the circuit function. This is the circuit that you wish to
    assign the function logic to. For a complete list of preset circuit functions, see “Preset
    Circuit Functions,” on page 34.
    Right button: Move to Freeze Protection setting.
    Up/Down buttons: Select Yes or No to assign freeze protection to this circuit. If
    “Yes” is selected, the circuit will switch on if the air temperature drops to 35° F.
    Note: for the POOL circuit the filter pump will have freeze protection. For the
    SPA circuit the filter pump will run and the pool/spa valves will switch between
    pool and spa at 15 minutes intervals throughout the freeze condition. For the
    MASTER CLEANER circuit freeze protection is generally not needed for pool
    cleaner pumps since they get water flow from the filter pump. Just make sure
    that POOL has freeze protection.
    Press the Menu button to save the settings and to return to the Settings menu
    options. Press the button again to return to the main menu options or press again to
    return to the main screen.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

4. Back To Top    #4

THANK YOU for this information! Having issues, so in case my PB doesn't get here before the next freeze, I'm doing this.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html