Pool light usage

We have two Jandy LED pool lights... Is there any issue running the lights each night for a few hours... Besides electricity? I like to see the pool with the lights on.... It's a new pool so guess that might wear off with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have mine programmed to go on each night for an hour or so (I stopped that for some reason....don't remember why). Sadly I only have a single 500W halogen in my pool so it costs (minimal) money to run and has only a finite lifetime. LEDs are dirt cheap to run even with high utility rates and will probably outlast the pool (kidding). So if you like to see your pool at night, I say go for it!

LEDs tend to attract less insects than incandescent (just a guess but I think it must be something about the wavelength bugs don't see it as well as a normal light). The component on an LED that fails most often is the driver/transformer they are easy to replace, not that expensive and usually last for thousands of hours so I say fire it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.