Dark Pebble in Pool? Please help

badcrc

Gold Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
humble texas
All, I'm leaning towards a dark finish wet edge black magic. Our natural lake behind my pool is dark and I have infinity edge with silver travertine. I have three lights in the pool (led) but just overall concerned with the look at night. I'm not concerned with temperature because of size. Anyone help here?

All, I'm leaning towards a dark finish wet edge black magic. Our natural lake behind my pool is dark and I have infinity edge with silver travertine. I have three lights in the pool (led) but just overall concerned with the look at night. I'm not concerned with temperature because of size. Anyone help here?
Is this what you are looking for:

http://1f5oz1bqwpgqlsds3aodaqty.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/freeform-swimming-pools-003.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Is this what you are looking for:

http://1f5oz1bqwpgqlsds3aodaqty.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/freeform-swimming-pools-003.jpg

how about this:

Infinity Edge in Sacramento

Thanks Bad! Please PM. I have had 4 come out and have gotten designs from 3. Many PBs I called don't build inside the loop.

If you look at Indigo's build thread, you will see a dark blue plaster. I'm not sure if there are pics with lights on, though.

Keep in mind that a big pool doesn't keep it cool, especially if it's only 5' deep. The deeper the pool, the cooler it stays, not really the larger surface area. But it's probably not that much different anyway. Pools in TX get hot, more-so with dark plaster and sun. But your infinity edge will assist with cooling through evaporation, especially if it is an aeration type versus a smooth drop. But the aeration over a rock ledge with cause pH rise quicker.

Martin - If you're here, how does your pool temp do in the deep south?

Lights-wise, good to go with three. However, please create a signature to show your pool details, including size and dept profile, planned equipment, etc. That will hep aid the conversation.

Honestly I think you'll need more lights with dark plaster. Mine is medium to light and I have 2 lights in a pool that is only 19,000 gallons and my two lights barely cover the entire pool.

I saw your pool in your thread. I honestly would have probably 4 large LED's going across your pool facing away from the house towards the infinity edge and then I would have some small LED's that light up the tanning ledge.

Keep in mind that a big pool doesn't keep it cool, especially if it's only 5' deep. The deeper the pool, the cooler it stays, not really the larger surface area. But it's probably not that much different anyway. Pools in TX get hot, more-so with dark plaster and sun. But your infinity edge will assist with cooling through evaporation, especially if it is an aeration type versus a smooth drop. But the aeration over a rock ledge with cause pH rise quicker.

Martin - If you're here, how does your pool temp do in the deep south?

Lights-wise, good to go with three. However, please create a signature to show your pool details, including size and dept profile, planned equipment, etc. That will hep aid the conversation.

bmoreswim

I posted some pictures on badcrs's new Texas pool site. We have 5 lights plus 1 on the shelf. We don't have dark pebble but our pool temp in mid summer was 90 degrees. It never got warmer than that even with the infinity edge running

We have WetEdge Black Kona - and we went with 2 LED white lights for our 15x30 450sq/ft pool. The color is pretty dark, but not as dark as I thought it would be in the end. We didn't go with colored LED's as we were told they would wash out on our dark finish.

Since we have pretty cool evenings due to being close to the ocean, we have yet to even swim more than one time after dark!!!

Our pool heats up pretty quickly during warm sunny stretches and we had water temps of 72° up until Halloween weekend with no heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have black pebble and 1 incandescent light. Pics in build thread, link in sig. We rarely swim with the light on because it attracts lots-o-bugs! We turn on lights away from the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.