Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dark Pebble in Pool? Please help

1. Back To Top    #1

Dark Pebble in Pool? Please help

All, I'm leaning towards a dark finish wet edge black magic. Our natural lake behind my pool is dark and I have infinity edge with silver travertine. I have three lights in the pool (led) but just overall concerned with the look at night. I'm not concerned with temperature because of size. Anyone help here?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dark Pebble in Pool? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    All, I'm leaning towards a dark finish wet edge black magic. Our natural lake behind my pool is dark and I have infinity edge with silver travertine. I have three lights in the pool (led) but just overall concerned with the look at night. I'm not concerned with temperature because of size. Anyone help here?
    Is this what you are looking for:

http://1f5oz1bqwpgqlsds3aodaqty.wpen...-pools-003.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    Is this what you are looking for:

http://1f5oz1bqwpgqlsds3aodaqty.wpen...-pools-003.jpg

how about this:

Infinity Edge in Sacramento
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

No I'm looking for information about how led lights look with a dark pebble finish etc.

4. Back To Top    #4

What color did Indigo Blue use? Was it Midnight Blue?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Maria- Im in Houston, I have an awesome company for you to use they gave me a great price and service is super good. No issues at all. I did interview 10 companies lol.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Bad! Please PM. I have had 4 come out and have gotten designs from 3. Many PBs I called don't build inside the loop.

If you look at Indigo's build thread, you will see a dark blue plaster. I'm not sure if there are pics with lights on, though.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Keep in mind that a big pool doesn't keep it cool, especially if it's only 5' deep. The deeper the pool, the cooler it stays, not really the larger surface area. But it's probably not that much different anyway. Pools in TX get hot, more-so with dark plaster and sun. But your infinity edge will assist with cooling through evaporation, especially if it is an aeration type versus a smooth drop. But the aeration over a rock ledge with cause pH rise quicker.

Martin - If you're here, how does your pool temp do in the deep south?

Lights-wise, good to go with three. However, please create a signature to show your pool details, including size and dept profile, planned equipment, etc. That will hep aid the conversation.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Honestly I think you'll need more lights with dark plaster. Mine is medium to light and I have 2 lights in a pool that is only 19,000 gallons and my two lights barely cover the entire pool.

I saw your pool in your thread. I honestly would have probably 4 large LED's going across your pool facing away from the house towards the infinity edge and then I would have some small LED's that light up the tanning ledge.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Keep in mind that a big pool doesn't keep it cool, especially if it's only 5' deep. The deeper the pool, the cooler it stays, not really the larger surface area. But it's probably not that much different anyway. Pools in TX get hot, more-so with dark plaster and sun. But your infinity edge will assist with cooling through evaporation, especially if it is an aeration type versus a smooth drop. But the aeration over a rock ledge with cause pH rise quicker.

Martin - If you're here, how does your pool temp do in the deep south?

Lights-wise, good to go with three. However, please create a signature to show your pool details, including size and dept profile, planned equipment, etc. That will hep aid the conversation.

bmoreswim

I posted some pictures on badcrs's new Texas pool site. We have 5 lights plus 1 on the shelf. We don't have dark pebble but our pool temp in mid summer was 90 degrees. It never got warmer than that even with the infinity edge running

10. Back To Top    #10

We have WetEdge Black Kona - and we went with 2 LED white lights for our 15x30 450sq/ft pool. The color is pretty dark, but not as dark as I thought it would be in the end. We didn't go with colored LED's as we were told they would wash out on our dark finish.

Since we have pretty cool evenings due to being close to the ocean, we have yet to even swim more than one time after dark!!!

Our pool heats up pretty quickly during warm sunny stretches and we had water temps of 72 up until Halloween weekend with no heater.
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

11. Back To Top    #11

We have black pebble and 1 incandescent light. Pics in build thread, link in sig. We rarely swim with the light on because it attracts lots-o-bugs! We turn on lights away from the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach