Pentair SunTouch Setup

mtatl

Nov 21, 2015
Mexico
I am a newbie at this so...

I have a newly completed pool with a Pentair SunTouch controller. I have a completely separate filtration pump and system, not connected to or used for my solar heating setup. The solar panel heating system has it's own dedicated pump.

I understand that the SunTouch will activate the actuator(s) for the solar heating based on temperature settings I determine. Can it also directly control the pump on/off cycle for the solar heating based on the same schedule? Any additional hardware need or can the solar heating pump connect directly to the SunTouch "Pool" or "aux"?

Thanks

Are you asking to run filter system at the same time as the heating system?

A picture of your pad showing the whole pad would be great.

The filter/circulation/salt system is independent from the SunTouch system, including having it's own dedicated pump. Only the solar heating system is tied to the SunTouch.

I want the SunTouch system to activate the solar valve system (which it is doing now) and control the the separate pump that the solar heating system uses, which is now running off a separate timer. Do I need an additional relay? How would this be set up?

Thanks

I don't think that the Suntouch will turn the pump on, only open the valve and adjust the speed if it is a variable speed pump. Our Solartouch will change my variable speed pump from speed 1 (1100rpm) to speed 2 (1950rpm) when solar heat is available.

I have my pump hooked up to the Aux 1 relay and the solar valve hooked up normal and it turns on when the solar temp is above my set temperature. I can also run it manually any time I need by pressing the Aux button. The menu system is confusing to say the least and the manual is worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.