Dallas area pebble showrooms or pools to visit?

JamieP

Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We are just finalizing our engineering plans for an owner build and we need to decide on the plaster/pebble type for the interior finish. On paper, we think we want to go with a mini pebble, but not having experienced anything other than plaster firsthand, I'm wondering if there are any showrooms in the Dallas area that actually have these built into a pool, out least underwater to walk on? I'm drawn towards the supposed longevity of pebble, but I don't want to make an expensive mistake if we think it's too rough in the end.

I have a couple plaster companies around here that I like that I will be getting quotes from, so I will ask if they have any pools I can visit, but I thought I would also ask here for suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Consider Quartz as a smoother alternative is something I always mention, but I imagine you'll find a display, or reference pool to go see first hand. It's even likely to get an invite from another TFP member. Plenty of nice TFP folks out in DFW for sure. I'd encourage you strongly to go see some different types if you can. Good luck on your build, and let us know how it gets sorted.

I have quartzscape and its smoother then our old plaster pool. I had a neighbor come by and said my quartzscape was smoother then his new pebblesheen. He wasn't too happy about that because the builder told him that pebblesheen was the smoothest.

Most of the pool builders we originally interviewed really promoted the quartz as a better option than pebble because of the roughness issue with pebble. I'm a little concerned about the mottling issues with quartz since the one we visited that was only a couple years old showed some streaking. I only felt it with my hand, but it was pretty smooth. So many people on here are happy with their pebble that I'm hopeful we would be too, but it still comes down to a personal preference. Seeing actual pools would probably help the most, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew of any showrooms in the Dallas area that at least had larger samples underwater.

Oh and I'm in the Dallas area. You're welcome to come see it and feel it if you want.

Thank you, Amanda! That is very kind of you. I will pm you when we get closer to trying to make a real decision.

We were worried about the pebble surface too but our neighborhood pool is pebble sheen and we have no issues with it. My new pool is pebble sheen with luminous beads. It feels pretty smooth. At least not like it would tear me up.

Mini Pebble is amazing. Mine was just shot a couple days ago and it looks so good.

National Pool Tile
11281 Indian Trail
Dallas, Texas 75229
Phone: (214) 366-4009

Thanks! It's comments like these that make me hopeful we will like it. I'm totally sold on the look. I just need to confirm we will like the feel.

I have been out to visit the NPT showroom and they were very helpful, but unfortunately, no sampler under water. One good piece of information I got from them was a referral to the plaster company that was already my first choice. It was the first name they gave me. I'll still shop around, but that was encouraging.

We were worried about the pebble surface too but our neighborhood pool is pebble sheen and we have no issues with it. My new pool is pebble sheen with luminous beads. It feels pretty smooth. At least not like it would tear me up.

Thank you Umm. Your pool looks fantastic! We'll see how it all comes out in the budget, but I'd like to add the beads and shells too if I can manage it. Soooo pretty!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TnT Plaster. They use Stonescapes (from NPT) but also Gemstone Finest Finish products whose samples Nursenini has shown so well in her pool posts.

NPT also recommended Romo's, who I know does WetEdge as well as the NPT stuff. I've just gotten better responsiveness from the owner of TnT Plaster so far. I figure I'll get quotes from those two as well as at least one PebbleTec company, but I'm not wedded to the brand name.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.