Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Start Up Tomorrow

1. Back To Top    #1

Start Up Tomorrow

Well the pool will be filled tomorrow and the PB will be back for startup. He's already put something in the bottom of the pool while its filling and dropped off the rest of the chemicals. Not happy about the tabs though. Can't wait to get rid of those.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Start Up Tomorrow

Congrats!!!!! What is that cloud? If that's some kind of chemical, get out your brush right away.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Congrats!!!!! What is that cloud? If that's some kind of chemical, get out your brush right away.
    I asked him if that was ok and he said yes. If they mess up the plaster it's in them to redo it. They've built many polls in my neighborhood and my neighbor sod they did the same thing and it turned out ok.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

I would still brush it up to circulate it. It's never good to leave any chemical sitting on a surface.

5. Back To Top    #5

I went ahead and brushed in the water to mix it up but didn't touch the plaster.

6. Back To Top    #6

Start Up Tomorrow

I went and brushed again to mix it up more and it looks like the chemicals took away the grey color. I'll be sending the pics to the PB in the morning. Guess they'll have to replaster that area.

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad you got it up then. Good for you. How deep is the water now?

btw, Is that the shadow of a palm tree?

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm about a foot or so under the tile now. That's actually a shadow from the water hose and bottle taped to it. No landscaping until spring except for the sprinkler and new sod.

9. Back To Top    #9

All the chemicals have been put in by the PB and the pump turned on. My instructions were to brush at least twice a day. He filled up the tube holding the chlorine tabs. When should I start worrying about measuring PH and such? Salt won't be going in for 30 days.

10. Back To Top    #10

Response posted here: Finally Some Pics

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Shock11 View Post
    Well the pool will be filled tomorrow and the PB will be back for startup. He's already put something in the bottom of the pool while its filling and dropped off the rest of the chemicals. Not happy about the tabs though. Can't wait to get rid of those.
    That 8 lb pail of Trichlor pucks will only add 30 CYA to your 18000 gallon pool. That's just fine. Your builder didn't leave you some 30 lb drum. Trichlor is also acidic and should help with the pH rise from the curing plaster. Don't be anti-puck! We're not opposed to using any chemical, as long as it doesn't add anything you don't want or need.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!