Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Premix Marbletite Freestone Series: Tahiti - Does anyone have a picture?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Premix Marbletite Freestone Series: Tahiti - Does anyone have a picture?

We are stuck on the final decision of our new pool - the surface finish!

Our PB will be using PremixMarbletite brand - Freestone series: http://www.pmmproducts.com/pools.php...eestone-series

We have it narrowed down to Tropical Blue or Tahiti. Here's the problem, our PB has done many pools with Tropical Blue but has not used Tahiti.

I cannot find a single picture of what the Tahiti finish actually looks like in a pool, PLEASE if anyone has a picture of how this finish looks PLEASE post below. Thank you a ton in advance! Is there a similar color combination by a different brand that would be close?
    Current Pool: 8,500 gal IG Plaster, PoolPilot Digital SWCG, star clear filter 90sqft, 3/4 hp superpump, Polaris 360
    Planning a new contruction pool: 14,000 gal IG Pebble Finish, 6ft elevated Spa w/spillover, Aquarite SWCG, Star Clear Filter 120sqft, Hayward Ecostar VS, Hayward Universal H-Series NG 250k BTU Heater, Aquanaut 200 Suction Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Premix Marbletite Freestone Series: Tahiti - Does anyone have a picture?

Anyone? We are leaning towards Tahiti, if we do I will post pics since they don't exist anywhere on the web from me research.
    Current Pool: 8,500 gal IG Plaster, PoolPilot Digital SWCG, star clear filter 90sqft, 3/4 hp superpump, Polaris 360
    Planning a new contruction pool: 14,000 gal IG Pebble Finish, 6ft elevated Spa w/spillover, Aquarite SWCG, Star Clear Filter 120sqft, Hayward Ecostar VS, Hayward Universal H-Series NG 250k BTU Heater, Aquanaut 200 Suction Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Wallace, can you get a sample of Tahiti? That way you can put it in a bucket of water to at least get a sense of what it would look like.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, we made the decision on Tahiti this morning without a truly good idea of how it will look. @Marlahoutex - great idea for sure, I will see if my PB has a good sample I could use.

In the end, we originally wanted Charcoal for the natural lagoon look without an unnatural or elevated shade of blue, but since the pool will be in full Florida sun, we went with Tahiti which seems to be a lighter shade of charcoal.

If anyone knows of a pool with this finish or one similar to it (maybe Pebble tec) please share

Tahiti:
    Freestone-Tahiti.jpg

Charcoal:
    Freestone-Charcoal.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

My uneducated color brain thinks that color is close to blue granite pebble sheen. I wonder if Suz would agree?

SUZ?
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

The base plaster color is what generally makes the water color what it is. So you're at a french gray, so water will be a steel blue. The stones are what you see on the surface when you look in but don't affect the water color as much as the base plaster color. Our pool has that base plaster color (albeit with no stones). Pics in my build thread in my signature. It's a very important decision, but also one that people beat themselves up over more than they probably should. If you are in the right family of coloration that you enjoy, you likely will be very happy. Type of finish is the harder decision I think, and where the biggest cost differences come in (though I know darker is generally more expensive on the coloration side).
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    The base plaster color is what generally makes the water color what it is. So you're at a french gray.............
    I think you are extremely close, honestly, if my pool water has that appearance I will be extremely happy. Thanks for pointing out French Grey to me.

8. Back To Top    #8

Do you have a picture of your finished pool by chance?

We are looking to use Tahiti freestone finish as well but like you, we are having trouble finding any real pool examples.

How do you like freestone finish in general? I remember back in the day, vintage pebble tec would bust my toes up. Is that still the case with freestone or is it smoother?