New to site. New Build in Rockwall, TX

Update: So all the rain last week caused the walls to collapse.
db6fe8c9d61c2756c314f2402558f28b.jpg
1c0efe7f365366858ef849e0d079271b.jpg
3d37a72d9d6c9e66145ab0944c58f819.jpg
a3d122c4587f0c453f1ac4a240e1f3a9.jpg

They spent the day yesterday digging it all out. My main concern is the spacing on the bottom now being shot with all the mud and walking being done.
ea4efa32db3beeae52c0d510dcc3bf71.jpg

I was assured by the construction manager that it wouldn't be a problem. The gunite crew would lift the rebar when they shoot. Which by the way is scheduled to be done this morning. Unfortunately, my work schedule wouldn't allow me to be there while being done and the construction manager may or may not make it to oversee it do to an appointment. Has anyone had this happen and if so am I freaking out for no reason?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm almost certain that its already being done at this time, if not complete already. This is the 3rd time to have been rescheduled. I really wish now that i would have told them to wait. I found out last night and never really thought about telling them to do it at another time. Hopefully, the know what they're doing and do it correctly. :/

It happens often enough. PBs and gunite crews have plenty of experience working with rain and collapsed walls. What they said is true, that they can lift the rebar when shooting. Now is not the time to second guess your choice of PB, you should have done that during the quoting process. :)

Wow, what a muddy mess! It will be nice to get the shell finished.

It certainly will!

It happens often enough. PBs and gunite crews have plenty of experience working with rain and collapsed walls. What they said is true, that they can lift the rebar when shooting. Now is not the time to second guess your choice of PB, you should have done that during the quoting process. :)

Thanks for the reassurance. All of it is stressful when it all comes down to it. I feel confident in our choice of builder so i will let them do their job, as I do mine. Stick to what we're good at, eh!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haha. Yeah i will be going by every day to water. They say twice a day but it's not possible, so I'll hand water pretty good every evening.

I believe i read something on here a while back saying the forms should be removed immediately or at the latest, the next day. If that is true, why is that the case. If not true, what is the typical time frame for forms being removed? Just want to know what to expect moving forward. I suspect coping and/or tile is the next step in the build process?

Haha. Yeah i will be going by every day to water. They say twice a day but it's not possible, so I'll hand water pretty good every evening.

I believe i read something on here a while back saying the forms should be removed immediately or at the latest, the next day. If that is true, why is that the case. If not true, what is the typical time frame for forms being removed? Just want to know what to expect moving forward. I suspect coping and/or tile is the next step in the build process?

In a typical pool build, I don't know who's in charge of removing the forms. But as an O/B I kept asking each sub who was to do it, and they all said, not them! Even the coping guys did their work with them on. I think it often gets left to the concrete decking guys, as long as the forms aren't in the way of some other subs earlier work, in which case they'd probably take them off.

All that is to say, I don't think it hurts anything to leave them on longer, but I could be wrong.

Thank you Jamie. I don't see why it matters either, other than maybe wanting the concrete to cure and strengthen on its own with no additional support? I only brought it up because I think I saw something on here about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.