Am I crazy?!? Storing solar panels....

Brannon132

Platinum Supporter
May 5, 2015
Enumclaw, Wa
Hey guys, I've winterized down my pool about a month ago and I still can find a place to store my three 4x20 solar panels that were on the ground but worked great this summer...

There drained but I've been trying to figure out where to store them:
Could just leave them on the ground (drained)?
Been thinking of rolling them up and attempting to find a place for them in the garage?
Storing them flat under the pool deck. (They would stick out a few feet)?

:rolleyes:Or the crazy idea my wife had which is to just store them in the bottom of the pool for the winter....?????
Our pool is 30x15 so the panels would fit easily.
We live outside of Seattle so it's usually moderate winters but it will still usually freeze for a few days to a few weeks, everyone winterizes their motorhomes and boats...

Has anyone tried this or am I just an idiot for thinking this is a brilliant idea?:confused:

Thanks for all your help!
Brannon

I would go back to the recommendations from the manufacturer at this point to determine what is best for the solar panels. Any time you can store something outside the elements, the product will last longer. If you can post some pictures of the pool, decking, and panels, this would be great. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.