Yet Another TX Pool Build

So, we almost passed on buying this house because I didn't think that I could fit a pool in the tiny back yard. Did a survey, talked to Zars pools in town, and it turns out I had 6 more feet than I realized. Silly developer put a masonry wall such that 6 ft of my property is on the other side of the wall. Well, I didn't want to mow it anyway.

Zars did a tremendous job of taking the existing patio, cutting into it and matching the material to look like it was there all along. Got the pool filled today, just in time to head out for Thanksgiving for a week. Remarkably, the water temp is 70, but I haven't been brave enough to dip a toe in yet.

I can't say enough about Zars as a pool company, and they worked with me when we realized that we missed a few details once we got into the house. We conceptualized a patio addition one weekend, the contract mod was agreed to on Monday, the framing went up on Tuesday, and Wednesday it was poured.

Let me know if you have specific questions about this pool. I assume a lot of you are familiar with Zars building standards.

IMG_0111.jpg

12244545_611064545700971_9128090886869398073_o.jpg

Great looking pool! Welcome to TFP!
The knowledgable people here on this forum will tell you to ditch the inline Chlorinator and go with plain old (not literally old!) bleach/liquid chlorine. Those pucks will raise your CYA to levels you don't want. Since your pool is brand new, you will be okay for awhile but just keep an eye on it. Also you will want to get one of the test kits recommended by everyone here. Of course your pool builder holds the warranty, so definitely follow what he tells you. But you will definitely need a test kit so you can keep your pool looking crystal clear, the TFP way!

Wow, it turned out great! I'm not familiar with Zars pools, but they did a fantastic job! The colors all go so well together and your deck transitions look very nice. What color pebble did you go with? The water color looks beautiful.

Your channel deck drains caught my eye and I was wondering if you could take some pictures showing an overall view of those in relation to the shape of you pool, please? I've heard the channel drains work much better than deck drains, but we will have a freeform pool and I don't know how the straight lines coming in at angles will look around it. Yours seem to look just fine, so it makes me hopeful that we can maybe incorporate them into our drainage plan instead of the deck drains that I think are planned now.

Thank you, and enjoy your new pool, even if it's only admiring it from the outside and from inside it! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.