Help with labeling valves

Anything coming into the pump is the "suction side", which includes your skimmers and Main Drain. The piping coming out of the filter is the "return side, which includes your return jets and the spa jets. I would recommend to have someone with you as you test each valve. It appears you have 4 shut off valves from the "suction side" and you only mention of 1 skimmer. I believe you have others? Is it possible to take a few more pictures from all angles, which include the sides, etc. Maybe a picture of the pool as well. Thanks and Welcome to TFP! :lovetfp:

1 skimmer, two deep end returns, two returns in the spa. Heat pump. Spa with spillover into the pool.

Just to make sure everyone is speaking the same "language", the returns are the jets close to the surface of the water that return water to the pool and the drains are typically the large grates at the bottom of the pool that pipe water back to the pumping system.

It does becoming confusing sometimes because of how AC Units are labeled. Supply is the air coming into a home, while returns is what is being sucked out of the home to the unit (kind of reverse).

I guess using "return eyeball jets" may be more appropriate. Both the MD and the skimmers pipe water back to the pumping system (pump) at the equipment pad.

I've seen so many different configurations with pools nothing is standard. People have water features, spas, even swim jets, there is only trial with help if you don't have the builders schematic

I can't help with your pipes, but I want to pass on something I found useful-

My pipes were all labeled with the source of the water and an arrow direction showing which way the water is traveling. I took a photo on my phone of the entire set up. Over time as weather decayed labels or lightened the sharpie "permanent" marker, I've had to refer to this pic stored "in the cloud" to relabel things.

Just a suggestion :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.