Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair ScreenLogic2 Interface Wireless

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair ScreenLogic2 Interface Wireless

Does anyone have any experience with this equipment? I installed one this past spring when switching to the EasyTouch 8 automation system. It has worked flawlessly until this past weekend. I can't connect via apps on the iPad or iPhone, nor the desktop program. The system still works fine, running the last current set-up I had programmed, I just can't control remotely anymore. I get an ERROR message saying "address invalid".

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair ScreenLogic2 Interface Wireless

I assume you checked your router to see if it is still listed in the device records? Is this WiFi or hard-wired connection to your network?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

It's WiFi and the Network Protocol Adapter is plugged in via LAN connection to the wireless router

4. Back To Top    #4

Dumb follow-on question (makes me sound like Microsoft tech support) - you rebooted everything again I presume?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes I rebooted the router, and the wireless adapter/protocol adapter. The only thing I have done is disconnect the wireless antenna wire on the terminal at the EasyTouch. Not sure this would do anything as I did throw the breaker on the EasyTouch. Just strange as it worked fine Saturday night. I operated the hot tub and lights via iPhone. Then Sunday morning it won't connect.

6. Back To Top    #6

Even dumberer question - Did you contact Pentair Tech support (1-800-831-7133)?

I know sometimes people write-off tech support as "oh, they'll never answer the phone" or "I'll be on the line for hours" but I have actually heard good things about Pentair's phone support. I called them once about something relatively minor with my SWG and they were totally happy to help me. It sounds like you're having a communications issue between the NPA and the EasyTouch panel. A quick glance of Pentair's chat support line and it looks like there's the potential for it to be either a bad antenna or a bad NPA. So Pentair will probably be able to diagnose it the quickest.
    Matt

7. Back To Top    #7

I put in a request on-line yesterday and got an automated assigned to email but haven't called yet. I plan on calling today after work. Thank you!

8. Back To Top    #8

OK.

Yeah, I'm kind of a phone call guy when it comes to stuff like that. Unless they have a direct chat feature, I never trust the automated e-mail requests.

Good luck! Keep us all posted on what you find out.

Matt
    Matt

9. Back To Top    #9

Will do for sure!

10. Back To Top    #10

Pentair has an update for the system, have you downloaded it yet? Mine stopped when I updated my Mac. Downloaded new updates and it's working again.

34x18' 18,000 gal in ground pebble, Pentair 3H VS pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, IC40 SWG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic 2.

11. Back To Top    #11

I'd echo Airboy's reply....

It's entirely possible you need to update your Screenlogic software and firmware. I noticed the same issues you saw, where the system was operating fine manually, but I couldn't control it remotely. Updating took care of things.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

12. Back To Top    #12

Well from what Pentair Tech Support says (and you were right JoyfulNoise, they are very helpful) it's the protocol adapter itself. I did have all the latest updates on the firmware and software installed. I'm sending him just the adapter and he's sending me another.

13. Back To Top    #13

Good to hear that you are getting a good response from Pentair, I have a Screenlogic myself which still works great but nice to know they will stand behind it.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

14. Back To Top    #14

Well, my protocol adapter went out today, wont connect with my router. It is 8 months old, installed by me. Pentair is sending out a new one today, and I do not have to return the old one. I call that customer service. Kudos for them.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

15. Back To Top    #15

I have to this for my 8-button EasyTouch RF remote - it has never gone out on me, not one single time in all the years I've had it. I know everyone loves the ScreenLogic interface and all, but the NPAs seem to me to be a real weak-link in the chain. Glad to hear Pentair is stepping up though, kuddos to them.

Matt