My first SLAM (Help please)

Nov 3, 2015
Texas
I have a 41,000 Pebble Tec pool and I use 10% Kem-Tec liquid bleach as my chlorine source. Have a regular cartridge filter pump so no waste or backwashing. Hate the tabs as they jacked up my CYA last season. Soooooo, I went out of town for a few days and our back yard unexpectedly flooded due to torrential rainfall and my pool became a basin/receptacle for the yard water. When I came back a few days later my pool was a pond. I ran the filter pump non-stop for 2-3 days and kept the FC at 8ish and eventually everything cleared up except I now have light green algae growing on the wall of the deep end of my pool. It goes down from the surface level to about 12 inches below the water in the shaded areas. I am presuming that I need to SLAM and brush the walls? If so, I plan on doing the following unless directed to do otherwise:

ph is 7.5 and Alk is 100
Brush the walls to get as much of the green stuff off as is visible
Dump enough bleach in my pool to get my FC up to 24 (my CYA is ~60)
Run the filter pump non-stop
Keep it at 24 for a couple of days while brushing once a day.

Amirite?

Thanks. How long after adding the chlorine should I wait before I brush?
No set time. You add chlorine to the pool to have plenty of killing power. You brush the sides to get any algae that is stuck to the sides up into the water flow.

You could brush 30 seconds after or three days after.....the point is to brush and keep your sidewalls clean so the chlorine can kill the algae that previously adhered.

I will also point out that your time table of "a couple of days" is extremely optimistic. Most people who have to SLAM go longer than a week.

In addition to brushing once a day you have to test and add chlorine to bring it back up to 24 multiple times a day.

Ho are you testing?

The only time you should stop the SLAM is when you pass all three tests:

Pass OCLT
Water is clear (no visible algae, dead or alive)
CC less than 1.0

I use the Taylor kit I purchased from TFP! :D
The water is very clear. All I have now is the light green growth on the wall that starts at the water surface to about 12 inches down in the deep end where the sun does not shine very much. I really hope it doesn't take a dadgum week since that is all that is left!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.