Vacuum port no suction

I have a dedicated vacuum suction side port that runs my vacuum. After a storm with a lot of pool debris I noticed the vacuum barely moving. I unplugged the hose from the port and turn all the suction to it and I can barely feel anything. Typically it would be hard to pull my fingers out of it. It is on a valve with the pool bottom center drain. I move the port to that drain and the suction works great. So I'm thinking between the side port and the valve there must be debris (leaves, nuts,branches) clogging the line. I tried cycling the valve back and forth to get enough suction to pull the debris though but nothing changes. Does anyone know how I can clear that line?

Thanks!
Andre

15,000 gallon
In ground
Plaster
48 sq ft Hayward DE filter

Set everything to the suction port and shut off the pump. Open up the pump strainer basket and either stick a drain king down it or just wrap a hose with a rag and stuff it down into the inlet and have your helper turn it on full blast. If you're lucky, the water flowing backwards through the line will dislodge whatever is stuck in the pipe.

k2-_0cfdca6a-c8b9-4932-9913-f10dc907c1ae.v3.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Actually it resolved itself after sitting all night. Maybe the debris softened up but when the pump turned on this morning and I turned everything to the vacuum port it was back to full strength. Think I need a leaf canister to catch that stuff before it gets in the pipe. Thanks again for the response and I will try that if I ever need it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.