Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot Classic Drive motor not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Aquabot Classic Drive motor not working

Drive motor does not work on My Aquabot Classic. There is no output voltage from the board. I disconected the four wires from the board to the motor. Two for one winding and the other two for the other winding. I did check my motor as follows: I adjusted the variac to about 9.4 voltsAC, and the motor started running. I did the same for the other two wires which told me that the motor and the gear mechanism are in good working order. When I took the cover off the motor, The 3300uf50v was loose from the board. It appeared that it sheared loose from vibration. This was not a solder connection issue. I replaced the cap with another one of the same value. Still no output voltage (AC) from the board. I feel that when the capacitor broke loose, there must been a surge of voltage that blasted the microprocessor. The bridge rectifer checks good. By the way, I did replace it just in case. I have another motor with the same problem. Thank God, I found a used one that works. However, I would like to get these two motors,(or at least one) to work so I could have a spare. The number of the motor is:A4510A. Does anyone have a spare pcb? I hate to throw things away, But mostly, I hate to pay $350.00 to $400.00 for a new replacement.The A4510A is discontinued. Appreciate any help or input that I can get. Thanks! Stevebub
    I everyone! My user name is Stevebub. I reside in the Southeastern part of the US. I had my 20,000 gal diamond bright pool built in 1980. I had it refinished it about 4 yrs ago. I will be looking forward to learning things from all of you and hope that I can help you! I use a Aquabot classic pool cleaner. stevebub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot Classic Drive motor not working

Bump de bump
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquabot Classic Drive motor not working

What is Bump de bump?
    I everyone! My user name is Stevebub. I reside in the Southeastern part of the US. I had my 20,000 gal diamond bright pool built in 1980. I had it refinished it about 4 yrs ago. I will be looking forward to learning things from all of you and hope that I can help you! I use a Aquabot classic pool cleaner. stevebub