Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie question

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie question

Hi
    my pool is being installed next week. I've ordered a tf100 kit; what other pool maintanence items should I pre-buy? How many gallons of chlorine should I get in anticipation of treating a 5600 gallon pool?

thanks
    Fiberglass pool 5300 gallons (trilogy eclipse)
    inground
    Cartridge filter
    2HP hayward ecostar sp3400vsp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie question

Do you have a long pole and a brush, and vacuum equipment or a robot? When your kit comes, run all tests except CYA on the water you will use to fill the pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Our Pool builder supplied vacuum equipment, long pole and brush. You might want to hold off until they turn it over to you, or be sure you can return what you buy, as you won't need duplicates.
    Congrats
    Phil
    ~9600 gal gunite pool, NEW July 2015; Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump; Pentair C&C 150 filter; Pentair Intelliclor IC40 swg; solar heat w/ Pentair Solartouch controller, screened. Taylor K 2005 test kit, FAS-DPD separate test, Taylor K1766 salt test

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh I sure WILL help you spend your money! LOL

-a white plastic plate to hold up behind the PH test to help you see the colors better
    -a plastic 2-cup measuring cup
    -a skimmer net (flat)
    -a leaf net (has deep pocket to help get stuff off of the bottom)

Think about where you are going to store the chlorine. It should be a easy to get to place by the pool if at all possible.

A place to store the muratic acid----it canNOT be stored by the chlorine. They do not play nice. It should also be in a well vented area that is NOT by metal as it will cause rust. (not trying to scare you but want you to be safe)

Ask the PB what chemicals he will be adding at start up. THAT will tell us what to tell you to buy.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a brush and vacuum from the builder. Good point to ask builder what he's putting in it
    Fiberglass pool 5300 gallons (trilogy eclipse)
    inground
    Cartridge filter
    2HP hayward ecostar sp3400vsp