Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I am trying to determine the size of my pool and get all kinds of way different answers. The pool is very irregular shaped and all I can tell you is it has 110 linear feet around the outside diameter. It starts with the shallow small wading area then steps into a pool which ends up at 6 feet deep on the far end. I doubt the small circular wading pool holds more than 50 gallons. I have been told anything from 13,000 to 20,000 gallons. Is there anyway to get a fairly accurate estimate? I guess I would have to say the average depth is 4 feet. Trying to determine as I am considering buying a salt water generator cell. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you go with a large 40K gallon rated cell, that will be best for your pool. Here we recommend oversizing your salt cell by 2X your pool volume. So... you'd want to an SWG for 26-40K gallons. Going with a salt cell rated for 40K gallons is not going to hurt even if your pool is 13K gallons. You'll simply have lower SWG run times and/or lower SWG output levels and longer cell life.

There are several chemical methods to determine volume. Use the search box for "determine pool volume" and you'll get several useful results.

When I used a general length X width X avg depth calc for my pool I got 18,000. I knew that was way off because of our large shallow end so I got a tape measure and chopped it into 3 parts ran the numbers separately and added them together and got 13,800. We used both the City water meter and time to fill x flow rate and it came out to 13,300 so the divide and measure scheme worked out to be fairly accurate.

In my mind this should work. Say for instance if I had 100 linear feet measuring area on the outside diameter of my odd shaped pool. If I divided that into four equal sides they would be 25 foot each. So using these numbers in the length times width times average depth calculation and taking that times 7.5, it comes out to 18750 gallons. Does this make sense to you? My pool actually has 110 linear feet but I subtracted 10 feet for the small wading pool, its probably more than that. Once I get the exact measurements from the wading pool and remove it, should this method not work? Seems to me if you know the outside diameter total length I should be able to divide that by four to get the LxW calculation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used several different pool volume calculators and averaged the results to determine the size of my irregular pool. Then over the next few months I paid careful attention to my chemical adjustments and adjusted my pool size to reflect the way the pool behaved. Its only ever going to be an estimate. As stated most feel one should greatly oversize your salt cells and filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.