Cleaning Probes on Hayward Sense & Dispense AQL-CHEM

Rvheim

Oct 31, 2015
Lindale, TX
I noticed late this summer that my Sense and Dispense system was using a lot of acid but rather than checking the pH level with my tester (lesson learned), I depended on the reading from my Pro Logic system which has been showing from 10-13 ppm. Finally, got my chem back in balance but now have a malfunctioning probe. Do these need to be cleaned from time to time or is it a sign of a bad probe, which are not cheap at all? This equipment is a little over three years old.

If your probe is three years old, replace it without question. They don't tell you this, but pH sensors are pretty consumable and should be replaced with regularity. Don't skimp on this, or start testing and adjust your pH manually with acid additions to prevent problems down the road. If you don't, you'll risk significant damage to your pool and possibly equipment. I don't mean to sound alarmist, but this is critically important.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.