Remodel In Phoenix, AZ

Here's an overdue update. With Christmas, New Year's, and a bunch of rain delays, the work has been done a day here and a day there. Everything is coming together now though. I haven't had a chance to post lately, so here is where we are now.

The waterfall/wall is done now (except for tile):

The rebar guy came out and mapped out the baja shelf and the fourth step:

And yesterday, the shotcrete crew came out and finished off the baja shelf and step:

I really love how everything has come out so far. PB and I went over tile options again and confirmed my choices, and he put the order in yesterday. It'll take a week or so to come in, so I probably won't be having anything done until then.

Once the tile is put in, I believe all we have left will be the replaster and the resurface of the deck. Getting closer!

What did they put inside the shelf? It looks like bags of cement??

I love how the shelf and step came out! Nice job!

Kim ( so when can I hop over for dinner LOL)

You are exactly right! They put down bags of concrete one layer at a time, poked a bunch of holes through the bags, and sprayed water on them before putting down the next layer. Once they had it stacked up, they filled the area behind with the plaster from the chip-out. The PB said he used to use sand bags, but that concrete was cheaper than buying the burlap sacks and the sand. Seemed to work pretty well!

That would be an awfully long hop!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that was a pizza oven! So cool!

Really like the way your remodel is shaping up. It's so interesting to see how they transformed the shape!

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. The steps actually came out better than what I had pictured. This is going to be a completely different pool when it's all done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, there hasn't been much activity the past couple of weeks as we've been waiting for tile to come in. Tile arrived on Thursday and they started to install tile today. They got the white cap tile in and tiled the front of the wall and got my deco tiles placed how I wanted them. As you can see, I upgraded from the three deco tiles I had originally planned on:oops: Oh well, it's only money, right? Loving it so far!

Well, there hasn't been much activity the past couple of weeks as we've been waiting for tile to come in. Tile arrived on Thursday and they started to install tile today. They got the white cap tile in and tiled the front of the wall and got my deco tiles placed how I wanted them. As you can see, I upgraded from the three deco tiles I had originally planned on:oops: Oh well, it's only money, right? Loving it so far!

That's a pleasing layout you chose for your deco tiles. Yup... It's only money!

Tile was finished on Monday, so we're really getting close now:

My PB and I entered some serious discussions about finishes, because he sensed I wasn't truly happy about my Stonescapes choice because I keep tweaking it. He came by and showed me a bunch of samples and photos of pools done with each finish. He even invited me over to his house to see his pool!

In any case, even with all he brought me, I still didn't see "the one." So I continued to look and research until I finally found it. I fell completely in love with the Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Indigo Blue. I loved it as soon as I saw it. It's basically what I was trying to create with the Stonescapes customization. It's a little spendy, but not too much more than I was going to pay after all of the additions to the other finish. That price kept going up, so it helped the price jump be more palatable.

My PB will be out of town for a week starting Next Wednesday, so it'll probably be a few weeks before application. At least I don't have to stress over this decision any more.

- - - Updated - - -

As a person who did this, I highly recommend smooth stucco coating your cinder block wall

That's actually on my list of things to do. I still need to stucco the outside of the pizza oven, so I'll probably do the wall when I do that and give the cement mixer a workout.

Well, they came out and prepped the deck yesterday and finished it off today. I'm very happy with how it came out!

Before:

After:

We're very close now. Next Monday and Tuesday will be the interior finish application/acid wash, and I believe that will do it. I seriously can't even believe this is the same pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.