Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

My pentair SWG says its low on salt and that it is not producing chlorine. I read someplace that if the water temperture is in the 60's that this unit does not function. We live in Discovery Bay, Ca. and its been cold. The water temperture is about 62 degrees. This is my first winter with a pool. So if this is true how do I winterize the pool for the rest of the winter?
    20x32 in ground gunite with white plaster, 17,000 gal apx. kidney shape, and spa attached, solar, 6 panels 4x10, pentair equipment: pump intelliflo vs 8x160VS, cartridge filter 420sq, gas heater, master temp 400k but, easy touch system pool/spa 4sc-ic40/ with salt system, easytouch wireless controller 4 circuit and Rebel auto cleaner. Taylor K 2005-C completed June 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

Alfred,

The manual says the SWG will turn on the low temp light, and quit producing chlorine, when the water temp is about 52 degrees F. Once this happens, I just add a little bleach once or twice a week to maintain the FC level.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

Depending on your remote, the EasyTouch system will say "COLD WATER CUTOFF" when you reach the temperature limit. It's typically in the MENU >> DIAGNOSTICS >> CHLORINATOR menu.

If you are also experiencing a LOW SALT fault, it could be because your salinity is a little in the low side and, when the temperature drops, so does the salinity because the cell readout electronics are not temperature compensated. You would need to check your salinity levels using an accurate test kit like the Taylor K-1766.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

Thank you , Thats good information to know.
    20x32 in ground gunite with white plaster, 17,000 gal apx. kidney shape, and spa attached, solar, 6 panels 4x10, pentair equipment: pump intelliflo vs 8x160VS, cartridge filter 420sq, gas heater, master temp 400k but, easy touch system pool/spa 4sc-ic40/ with salt system, easytouch wireless controller 4 circuit and Rebel auto cleaner. Taylor K 2005-C completed June 2015.