Intro and new play pool build in Fort Worth, TX

Nov 6, 2015
Azle
Hello everyone. We live on 2 acres in a rural area northwest of Fort Worth, TX and we're so excited to be getting ready to sign the contract on our pool! This will be our first pool build and neither my husband or I grew up with pools, so we would greatly appreciate any input, especially on equipment. Here are the details straight from our contract (sorry for any unnecessary information):

32.6 x 18ft
87 ft perimeter
13,882 gallons
Depth 3 1/2-5-4 ft
Tanning ledge..still deciding on size..either 10 or 13 ft and depth either 6 or 8 inches with umbrella anchor
Pebblesheen Blue Granite
Oklahoma Flagstone coping
12 ft weeping wall
Volleyball anchors

Equipment:

Computer sys pda-p4
Computer extra Jandy Valve Accuator
Jandy Pump Circulation Plus VSPHP270AUT
Jandy Filter-Cartridge 460sf
2 LED Jandy Savi Watercolors Lights
Low Voltage Device Transformer 300 watt
Sanitizer Chlorinator Nature II Combo Fusion
Sanitizer Nature II Express w/cartridge
Cleaner Polaris 280
Cleaner pump Polaris
2 quickskim Venturi Skimmers
Leafvac Debris Cannister

Our PB originally had an Ozone sanitizing system included, but after researching those on here, we decided to do take that out.

Hopefully I can get the pictures attached. The 3D pics do not show the Interfab Adrenaline slide that will be off to the right of the boulders. The small bench that we had in front of the boulders is being moved over near the slide.

Thanks everyone!!

I love your pool design. A couple comments:

1. You have a lot of property so perhaps you might want to make the pool slightly bigger. That is a pretty small pool by Sq. Ft.
2. You should plan on having as much decking as you can afford. Right now from the pictures it seems like a very small amount of decking. I would also make sure you have some way to get to the pool from the house without walking across grass. It will help keep your pool cleaner.

I love your pool design. A couple comments:

1. You have a lot of property so perhaps you might want to make the pool slightly bigger. That is a pretty small pool by Sq. Ft.
2. You should plan on having as much decking as you can afford. Right now from the pictures it seems like a very small amount of decking. I would also make sure you have some way to get to the pool from the house without walking across grass. It will help keep your pool cleaner.

Thanks for your response! Yes, we were wondering if it was on the small side. We may make it a little wider. So you think 35" wide would be better?

We are doing a few large boulder stepping stones out to the pool. My husband wants there to be grass left in between the patio and pool.

Welcome!! Very pretty design! I would make the pool and deck as large as I could afford! This will be a fun build to watch! Looking forward to seeing your profession with LOTS of pictures. We LOVE pictures!

I have no experience with the Nature II system, but if you intend to use TFP methods to care for your pool, you may want to reconsider that system. Usually when I see Nature II mentioned in the other forums, the advice is to abandon that system and just use liquid chlorine. Another alternative that is encouraged here is a salt water generator.

Yep, ditch the Nature II. No need to add metals (and the stains that will follow) to your pool. I was thinking about the size when I read your post then saw the other suggestion. Of course there is the budget, but just ask Suz if she would prefer a bigger pool given your lot. 35-38' wouldn't be too big.

I'd veto the hubby on the grass. Make a 5' wide minimum flared sidewalk from the house to pool. However, what is the distance from the house or existing patio to the pool deck?

I'd decide on exactly what volleyball system you want so the inserts are correct. Really nice ones have stainless sleeves but they are specific to the application. Spend as much time on the accessories as on the equipment, etc for a fantastic finished product. Guarantee that the things you spend the least time researching will be the items to bite you in the butt in the end. And document ALL model numbers (regardless of how much a PB insists its not necessary).

Very exciting time! Best of luck. And spend lots of time here and on the net in general researching. But only research here for the really important stuff like pool maintenance and everything else!

Yep, ditch the Nature II. No need to add metals (and the stains that will follow) to your pool. I was thinking about the size when I read your post then saw the other suggestion. Of course there is the budget, but just ask Suz if she would prefer a bigger pool given your lot. 35-38' wouldn't be too big.

I'd veto the hubby on the grass. Make a 5' wide minimum flared sidewalk from the house to pool. However, what is the distance from the house or existing patio to the pool deck?

I'd decide on exactly what volleyball system you want so the inserts are correct. Really nice ones have stainless sleeves but they are specific to the application. Spend as much time on the accessories as on the equipment, etc for a fantastic finished product. Guarantee that the things you spend the least time researching will be the items to bite you in the butt in the end. And document ALL model numbers (regardless of how much a PB insists its not necessary).

Very exciting time! Best of luck. And spend lots of time here and on the net in general researching. But only research here for the really important stuff like pool maintenance and everything else!

Great things to think about. I think we're planning on the deck starting 18ft from the patio, but I do like the idea of the walkway you described. Definitely something to consider.

We're going to meet with another pool builder for a second time in a few days, because I still don't know if I'm sold on the company that did this design. Hopefullly we can make up our minds and get this thing started in the next few weeks.

Thanks for all your input and I will keep you updated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the ledge-------do you want to put chairs or such on them? If so put one or two somewhere and see what size feels good to move around them.

Use some rope to play with the size to see what works for what you want the ledge for.

Ask your husband to think what a pain it is going to be to mow, edge around the stepping stones. The grass will try to grow over all of them. MUCH easier to just a solid but pretty walk way from the house to the pool.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.