Has your skimmer equalizer flap ever broken?

Surf Hawk

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 13, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
I've had this float assembly for my Pentair U3 skimmer for less than a year, and the little flap that you move to adjust flow from skimmer or drain already broke.

I could get a new one for $10, but it might just break in the next year anyway. I thought I'd just design and make a better one myself. Would a 316 stainless steel or aluminum part be a problem with pool chemicals?

Also, if you have had a broken one, chime in because knowing it is a widespread problem would motivate me to take this on.

20151116_141807.jpg

I actually leave mine mostly fully closed most of the time. It was probably anecdotal but my pool seemed to recover faster from an algae incident when I left it that way. I have a solar cover most of the time anyway, so skimming action isn't really happening.

Not one to leave a good thing alone, I'm now making a CNC'ed version, I'll post a pic when it's all done.

In that case I would agree but plumbing skimmers in series is not wise thing to do and hopefully not many PBs would do such a foolish thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.