Winter pool storage question

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hi if you see at the bottom I have an 18'x48" ultra pool. It's currently being stored in my garage. My question is I have a chance to buy a 26'x52" Intex ultra pool from a guy. It's a great deal. Is it possible to store this outside if I wrapped in a tarp? I don't have anymore room in garage to store another pool. We live in Oklahoma where we don't get really harsh winters. Another question is: do any of you advise not to buy a used Intex ultra pool? The guy said he bought it in August. It's currently still up and needs to be drained soon. Please advise
Mike

I would go check it out while it is full, if possible, to make sure there are no leaks. I am leaving my pool up all winter, in central PA, and have done so with my previous 18' x 48", with no ill effects. As long as you take care to ensure no animals or what have you get into the liner, it should be okay, I would think. Perhaps you could move the smaller pool outdoors and put the larger one in the garage? Just in case.

I would go check it out while it is full, if possible, to make sure there are no leaks. I am leaving my pool up all winter, in central PA, and have done so with my previous 18' x 48", with no ill effects. As long as you take care to ensure no animals or what have you get into the liner, it should be okay, I would think. Perhaps you could move the smaller pool outdoors and put the larger one in the garage? Just in case.

I agree with PAGirl: definitely go check it out before it's drained. You should be fine storing it outside, as long as it's properly covered and you don't have any destructive storms. I don't have storage space, so my pool has to stay outside all winter (I live in Illinois), and I haven't had any negative effects.

He started to drain it last night. He's an hour away. He told me this morning that he started to drain it. He assures me that is new as of August and no leaks. One thing on the picture has two hoses for intake and one outtake hose. I said most intexs I've seen has only one intake hose. Is this something new on intex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got the pool. I decided to store on top of older pool in garage. I'm not sure what kind of shape it will be in when I put it up. At this point all I can do is hope there isn't any leaks. I am also storing the beams and T's in the garage. I plan to get help leveling 30' x 30' this spring and then put pool up in April. I will post a new thread with pictures then. And suggestions how to post pictures on here?
Thanks for all your suggestions. Philc any suggestions on hard plumbing the pool?
Mike

you have to post pictures to a file sharing service, and then link to them in the threads. Many people (myself included) use Photobucket. It's free to use.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.