Polaris 9300 Sport flashing alternating lights on power supply

AaronGo

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2011
Houston, Texas
So I am seeing the dreaded alternating flashing lights on the power supply for my Polaris 9300 Sport pool cleaner (it's about 3.5 years old). It worked great the last time I used it and now fails to stay on. When I select either of the two cycles, the pool cleaner comes on for 3-5 seconds as it should and then it turns off. That's when the lights begin flashing alternately. The troubleshooting steps provided by Polaris leave much to be desired, but I went through them all to no avail.

My guess is either the cord or the power supply is toast, as the actual cleaner comes on fine. I cleaned the 4 probes on the end of the cable to make sure there wasn't excessive corrosion. Also, the end of the cord that goes into the plug on the power supply side has some dark discoloration, which might be normal. It sort of looks like when electric wire insulation heats up. I suppose there could have been a short or something in the cable wiring. Beyond that and the troubleshooting steps, I am not sure what else to do.

Any ideas/suggestions? I am dreading having to get this thing serviced. Last time I had to get it serviced it was under warranty. The costs would have been 60% of the cost of a new unit. :rolleyes:

so I took the cleaner in and the motor block on the actual cleaner is bad.....AGAIN!! I got the motor block + control unit replaced last September under warranty, but this repair would be out of pocket. They want $585 to replace. I am NOT paying that for a unit I can buy new today for $850. Now I need to look for a new cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.