Using a Peristaltic pump for Acid

spriteman said:
dave, all your info has been helpful -- as I am seriously considering doing a set-up similar to yours. I'm a little confused as to what settings you now have in the pool pilot service menus regarding pump configuration.

prior to your integration of the peristaltic pump into your pool pilot setup, I assume you had the following settings (since you are using an external timer to control the pool pump):

PP service menu:

4.0 Installer Menu --> 4.6 Set Pump Config --> "External Timer"

What Pool Pilot service menu settings did you change after integrating the peristaltic pump into the system? I thought you couldn't set a "Pump Program" unless the "Pump Config" was something other than "External Timer" (e.g. One-Speed Pump, Two-Speed Pump, etc.).

I initially had my pump config set as external timer like you mention. I then changed it to two-speed pump. This allows you to setup two different pump programs and the external timer still turns it on like before, but you can now program the acid pump. The AutoPilot thinks you are setting up the high-speed runtime for a two speed pump, as the wording in the pump program says.

You cannot set it up as one-speed pump, because the AutoPilot will not generate chlorine if the pump is turned off.

dave

okay, I'm getting more and more of an itch to get this going. I'll probably use a 10 gal tank for my storage solution since I have the space, but other than that I'm going to follow your set-up as a baseline approach.

for the fitting you used to dispense the acid into the pvc water line, did you drill a hole and just use a standard metal tap set to cut the internal threads in the pvc to allow you to screw in the elbow fitting?

spriteman said:
okay, I'm getting more and more of an itch to get this going. I'll probably use a 10 gal tank for my storage solution since I have the space, but other than that I'm going to follow your set-up as a baseline approach.

for the fitting you used to dispense the acid into the pvc water line, did you drill a hole and just use a standard metal tap set to cut the internal threads in the pvc to allow you to screw in the elbow fitting?

The fittings I used had NPT (pipe thread), so I had to pick up a NPT tap. I got it at Ace Hardware.

dave

How has this system worked for you? Has he norprene held up? I want to do a similar dual system for both acid and liquid chlorine.. I'm sick of buying aquarite cells every year down here in AZ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.