Filter Not Holding Pressure

Rvheim

Oct 31, 2015
Lindale, TX
I changed the 4 cartridge filters out yesterday on my Hayward Swimclear C5530 Filter getting ready for the Fall and Winter. Now, the pump won't stay primed once I turn the filter off. There is no leakage at the seal where the filter comes together. It has been difficult to turn off the manual relief valve at the top of he filter which will release some water and air for a few minutes but will finally stop. Do you suppose there is a small amt of air that continues to release until the pump and filter lose prime? Do you have to replace the entire pressure gauge on top to replace the valve or can you replace the valve by itself. Thanks in advance for all your help.............

Not noticeable once I get the pump primed and running. However, I am unable to fully close off the air relief valve and since there is a very small amount of air and water running out, I feel pretty sure that's my problem. So I've ordered a relief valve to replace it. I wasn't sure exactly how to replace it but finally found a 'How To' video that shows I'll have to remove the entire assy in order to get to the nut that holds the valve on. Thanks for your help and quick response......I think I'm going to like the forum.

since there is a very small amount of air and water running out, I feel pretty sure that's my problem.
Yeah, so do I. Should be an easy fix but don't get too discouraged if you still drop prime.....those leaks are difficult to track down but I think you have a good grip on this one.

Thanks, I'll let you know once I get the part in and get her replaced. Having to run my filter even with this small leak to combat the leaves.....a lot of leaves falling this time of the year in East Texas..lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.